Mindset/Work/Life Balance Coaching
We are all navigating different seasons of our lives, and as women we are often the unsung superheroes of our family. We strive daily to become our better selves, so our love ones can become their better selves. Unfortunately, sometimes we fall short, and get in our own way because of the busyness of life and an abundance of responsibilities.
Self-care is not selfish, it is necessary!
Are you struggling with any of these challenges?
- Overwhelmed, burnout, feeling unsupported
- Stuck or confused
- The need to construct goals and follow through but not sure how to go about it
- Negative self-talk that consumes your thoughts
- Clarity on your purpose or mindset
- Running on empty
- Overcome fear
I’ve decided to step out on faith, invest in myself and become a Certified Life Coach. My heart is help others overcome some of the issues I have faced myself in the many hats I wear as a woman, mother, a special needs mom, wife, daughter, sister, caregiver and friend. I am sure you wear those same hats and imagine some of you may need help in these areas or know someone who does. You may just need an ear. I can be a trusted guide to help support you and create a blueprint as you tackle issues that I have faced myself and help you learn to grow in your many roles. You already have it inside of you. I can help you put balance into your life and make yourself a priority while fulfilling your demanding obligations because you are all over the place. I get it, I have been there and honestly, I continue daily to put in work to remain balanced in my own life.
I am a natural giver; I love to help people. I get up each day with the thoughts of how I can help uplift another person by being positive, by using my experiences, or by spreading information. I believe we should always strive to uplift and inspire one another; life can sometimes be difficult, and you never know what someone is going through. If I can make someone’s day a little brighter by being compassionate, sharing a kind word, gesture, text, or post, then I have had a good day.
I will help you-
- Identify where you are and where you want to be
- Envision a more improved you
- Prioritize and implement a routine
- Get rid of negative self-talk
- Create an action plan, set goals, and execute them
- Implement confidence, self and soul-care practices
- Love yourself in this season and every season
- Address fears
- Build upon what is already strong
- Positive Psychology which is the belief that individuals want to live meaningful and fulfilling lives, we will cultivate, enhance, and further develop your own positive emotions, experiences, and character traits
- Open space active listening in a confidential, non-judgemental environment that will allow you to share your frustrations and be heard and understood
- Assessments and exercises that will apply positive affirmations, learn goal setting, and follow through
I am a woman with many roles just like you. I married young and divorced by my mid 30’s. Thankfully, we were able to co-parent and raise our twin girls who were born premature at five months gestation and weighed 1lb 6oz and 1lb 10 oz. The girls remained in the NICU for 8 and 10 weeks and were diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at a young age. One of my girls uses a power wheelchair and my other daughter is ambulatory but has some balance issues. There were many challenges but even more rewards. They are now in there 20’s and thriving and navigating the world and life like most 20 somethings. One is a senior English major at a University. My other daughter volunteers and is a uniquely abled advocate and has her own support group on social media. I am also a daughter and looked after my Dad as he aged until his passing and now looking after my mother.
I have been employed for 25 years with county government and looking forward to retirement. Technology has somewhat changed my role at work and left me feeling a little unfulfilled, so in 2017, I enrolled, 23 years after my undergrad degree, in the Masters of Psychology program with an emphasis in Industrial & Organizational Psychology after my girls graduated high school. It was a challenge that taught me discipline among many other lessons. One year later, I decided to work my true passion of helping others and enrolled in the Life Coach Certification program at Grand Canyon University and am also currently enrolled in the Jefferson Academy of Life Coaching and Mentorship program. I have committed myself to be a life long learner and am a true testimony that it is never too late! Knowledge is power!
Along with daMotivatedMom Coaching & Consulting, I also started daMotivatedMom, Inc., a nonprofit that advocates and spreads awareness throughout the special needs community, which is dear to my heart.